InfraLeuna GmbH and its affiliated companies are the owners and operators of the infrastructure at the Leuna site. InfraLeuna works on a low profit principle. The shares in the company are owned by several companies located on-site.
InfraLeuna GmbH operates and develops Germany's largest closed chemical site. The infrastructure and service concept, significant for the Leuna chemical site, allows the investor to concentrate on its core competencies and enables suitable conditions for further expansions.
Furthermore, InfraLeuna is also a site developer. Modern site management, marketing, assistance with location, e.g. the support with investment grant applications are areas in which we have significant experience and expertise. Our acquired know-how, experience and a team of qualified and motivated employees have already convinced large international chemical groups to locate in Leuna.
Some Aera notes on the InfraLeuna location
- In the centre of established West European markets and developing East European markets
- A ready-to-build plot of land in a developed industrial area
- Complex regional and internal materials co-operation with synergy potential
- An infrastructure meeting requirements and which meets
- Cost efficiency reliability demands
- Inexpensive service providers
- High levels of investment promotion
- Special depreciation allowances
- Job promotions and tax relief
- Up to half of your project financing can be secured by promotional funds
- Support with contacts to authorities
- Abundant pool of qualified personnel potential
- Scientific potential from the universities and technical colleges
- Acceptance of the chemical industry by the population
|Highway||yes||A modern 25 kilometers long road network|
- Acrylate Epichlorohydrin
- Phosphorus trichloride
- Alcohols Ethylene oxide
- Sodium hydroxide solution
- Ammonia Fatty acid Solvents
- Benzene Melamine Styrene
- Bisphenol A Natural gas Sulfur
- Oleum Sulfur dioxide
- Organic raw materials
- Crude oil
- Vinyl acetate
Main Sales Products
- Acetone Fine and special chemicals Methanol
- Acetylene Flame protection agents Methylamine
- Alkane sulfonate Flexaren/CFI Miramide
- Ammonium sulfate Formaldehyde Naphtha
- Fuel Na-isothionate
- BCF-yarn Glycide ether Nitrogen
- Bitumen Heating oil N-methyltaurine
- Caprolactam Hydrogen Oxygen
- Carbon dioxide Hydrogen peroxide Paraffine
- Catalysts Inert gases Phenol
- Cyclohexanone Iodine Phosphorous acid
- Diesel Leuna-glue Polyamide 6 granulate
- Dimethyl formamide Leuna-laminated paper resin
- Potassium hydrogensulfide
- Sodium hydrogensulfide
- DOW Low Density Polyethylene Leunasid Sulfur
- Emulgator E 30 LPG Sulfuric acid
- Epilox L-resin Technical gases
- Epoxide basic resin Mersol Viscowax
- Epoxide resin hardener Metaupon
Pipelines supply Leuna with crude oil from fields in Russia. Natural gas is obtained by InfraLeuna from the Verbundnetz Gas.
Power stations from InfraLeuna Energiegesellschaft mbH and enviaM supply the power networks operated by InfraLeuna with steam and electric energy of varying pressure stages and voltage levels. InfraLeuna is responsible for the supply and disposal of water.
A modern 25 kilometers long road network, 75 kilometers of internal tracks and 600 kilometers of pipelines which connect the companies which have settled here guarantee fast movements within the chemical area.
The infrastructure and service concept provides chemical companies with numerous advantages due to the concentration on main tasks, thus reducing costs. The pronounced industrial service structure (for example, BIS Industrietechnik Ost GmbH, WISAG Produktionsservice GmbH, BHR HOCHDRUCK-ROHRLEITUNGSBAU GmbH and numerous medium-sized enterprises are settled at the site) provides a service which is highly efficient and inexpensive.
InfraLeuna is responsible for the supply and disposal of water.
2020-01-01€ 350 mln
2016-05-03€ 60 mln
Linde to Build, Own and Operate World's Largest PEM Electrolyzer for Green Hydrogen in Leuna, Germany
The new 24-megawatt electrolyzer will produce green hydrogen to supply Linde's industrial customers through the company's existing pipeline network. In addition, Linde will distribute liquefied gre...
UPM invests in next generation biochemicals to drive a switch from fossil raw materials to sustainable solutions
UPM enters the biochemicals business by investing in a biorefinery at Leuna, Germany. The biorefinery will produce a range of 100% wood-based biochemicals which enable a switch from fossil raw mate...
First production of isobutene from wheat straw at demo scale
New phase for the H2020 Optisochem project after 18 months of activity. Sugars from wheat straw produced at Clariant’s Sunliquid® pre-commercial plant have been shipped to Global Bioenergies’ Leuna...
Linde sets up new hydrogen liquefier in Leuna
new hydrogen liquefier in Leuna: Higher standards for delivery readiness, portfolio width and product purity.