ZILS is the largest area for the location of industrial and logistic units in the Iberian Peninsula. It offers over 23,750,000 m2 of space dedicated to industrial, logistics and service activities. It is expandable up to a total area of 41,570,000 m2.
Laborforce on this park is around 2900 – direct and indirect employees
The region of Sines is served by three airports:
- Lisbon International Airport (approx. 150 km)
- Faro International Airport (approx. 221 km)
- Beja Airport (approx. 121 km) - The Beja Airport is particularly focused on the transportation of goods
Total development land available: 590.4 ha
Infrastructure and Connectivity
|Highway||yes||ZILS - Sines Logistic and Industrial Zone is served by a road system connected to national highways with easy access to the rest of the country and Spain, namely Madrid, Seville and Badajoz.|
|Railway||yes||ZILS is connected to the national and international railway network through electrified railway starting at the Sines sea port. There are dedicated railway lines connecting some areas of the Industrial Zone to the national grid and Spain.|
|Sea harbor||yes||The Port of Sines leads the Portuguese port sector in the volume of cargo handled being Portugals number one port. It is an open deep-water sea port with excellent maritime access, without restrictions, leading, and offering unique natural characteristics to receive any type of vessels. Due to its modern specialized terminals, the port is able to handle all the different types of cargoes (from petroleum to containers). Its strategic location, on the cross of the main international maritime routes – East-West and North-South, in Southwest Europe along with its natural characteristics, allow the Port to be positioned as the great hub port of the Iberia-Atlantic front.|
- LPG (liquefied petroleum gas);
- Fuel oil
- Jet fuel
- Bitumen (for asphalt and insulate);
- Sulphur (for pharmaceutical products, farming and pulp whitening).
- ETBE (Ethyl tert-butyl ether)
- Polyolefins – HDPE and LDPE
- Cryogenic rubber granulates
- Resins (melamine, formaldehyde and urea resins)
- PTA (Purified Terephthalic Acid)
Industrial and domestic water: Águas de Sto André - www.adsa.pt
Connected to ZILS the water supply system has a water storage dam with a 30.000.000 m3 capacity connected to a permanent pumping station on the Sado river.
- Electricity and natural gas: check ERSE - www.erse.pt for operators and tariffs information
- Network of pipelines
- Communications voice and data
- Offices, meeting & conference rooms
- Green spaces
- Common areas maintenance
Effluent treatment - WWTP
The Refinery, located in ZILS, is the largest refinery in the country, ranking among the three largest refineries in the Iberian Peninsula and is one of the most modern refineries in Europe.
Distillation capacity of 10,8 million of tons per year, equivalent to approximately 220 thousand barrels a day
The refinery provides about 71% of the distillation capacity of the country and produces gasoline, diesel (30%), LPG (7,3%), fuel oil (19%), jet fuel (8,6%), bitumen (2,5%) and sulfur (0,2%).
- Dry bulk
- Liquid bulk
In ZILS all petroleum and petrochemical storages are belonging to the existing companies, although in some cases extra capacity is available by direct negotiation.