Germany kicks off a significant reduction of CO2 footprint in cereal crops
As early as of 2023/24 growing season, contract farmers of the Bindewald & Gutting Milling Group will use Yara’s green fertilizer on an area of around 1,600 ha. The fertilizer will be produced from...
Yara to build new global plant for specialty fertilizers and biostimulants in Yorkshire, UK
The plant will allow Yara to double the capacity of its YaraVita products when the facility is expected to be operational by the end of 2025 and further expand production capacity if needed. Virtua...
Yara International ASA is a Norwegian-based chemical company. Its largest business area is the production of nitrogen fertilizer, however it also encompasses the production of dry ice, nitrates, ammonia, urea and other nitrogen-based chemicals.
The company has 3 areas of main activity:
- Industrial Products: produce a wide range of nitrogen and specialty chemicals in addition to CO2, dry ice, and civil explosive solutions.
- Environmental Solutions: solutions for NOx abatement, odor control, water treatment and corrosion prevention.
- Agricultural Products: complete portfolio of fertilizer covering all necessary nutrients for any crop.
Structurally, there are 3 business platforms and operating segments (Upstream, Downstream, and Industrial), coordinated through the Supply and Trade platform to ensure synergies:
- Upstream: the production of nitrogen-based products for fertilizer and industrial uses.
- Downstream: the sales, marketing, and distribution activities around the globe.
- Industrial: development and processing of environmental solutions and industrial activities.
- Supply and Trade: optimization of energy, raw materials, sourcing, logistics, and shipping