Yara International ASA is a Norwegian-based chemical company. Its largest business area is the production of nitrogen fertilizer, however it also encompasses the production of dry ice, nitrates, ammonia, urea and other nitrogen-based chemicals.
The company has 3 areas of main activity:
- Industrial Products: produce a wide range of nitrogen and specialty chemicals in addition to CO2, dry ice, and civil explosive solutions.
- Environmental Solutions: solutions for NOx abatement, odor control, water treatment and corrosion prevention.
- Agricultural Products: complete portfolio of fertilizer covering all necessary nutrients for any crop.
Structurally, there are 3 business platforms and operating segments (Upstream, Downstream, and Industrial), coordinated through the Supply and Trade platform to ensure synergies:
- Upstream: the production of nitrogen-based products for fertilizer and industrial uses.
- Downstream: the sales, marketing, and distribution activities around the globe.
- Industrial: development and processing of environmental solutions and industrial activities.
- Supply and Trade: optimization of energy, raw materials, sourcing, logistics, and shipping
Yara plays key role in game-changing rare earth elements extraction project
A project to extract rare earth elements at Yara’s fertilizer plant in Porsgrunn, Norway receives EUR 12.5 million in EU funding.
Aker Solutions Wins Carbon Capture Study Contracts From Yara and Norcem
Aker Solutions won strategically important contracts for concept studies for carbon capture at Yara's ammonia plant on Herøya and Norcem's cement production facility in Brevik, Norway.
Yara expands urea production capacity in Sluiskil, Netherlands
Yara is investing USD 263 million in Sluiskil, Netherlands to increase granulation capacity enabling increased production of granular urea with sulphur, and nitrates.
Yara's new innovative pilot plants auguration in Porsgrunn
In the midst of Yara’s most modern plant, located in the city of Porsgrunn, just two hours south of Oslo. Pipes, tubes, tanks and containers shaped the background for the state of the art technolog...
Yara boosting fertilizer capacity in Porsgrunn
Already one of the largest fertilizer plants in the world, producing ammonia, nitric acid, NPK and calcium nitrate – the Porsgrunn plant now expands, increasing its capacity by 50,000 tons of compo...
New NPK pilot plant up & running
A new NPK pilot plant at the Innovation and R&D Center in Porsgrunn has been successfully in operation since this spring. Yara plant in Porsgrunn
Técnicas Reunidas, selected by YARA for the Nitric Acid Plant in Norway
The Project confirms Yara´s commitment to create value through brownfield expansion and debottlenecking projects. Yara, based on a Front End Engineering Package also previously developed by TR, ha...