Mitsubishi Chemical Group is formed in October 2005 from the merger of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation and Mitsubishi Pharma Corporation. The company is managed by Jean-Marc Gilson. The company announced they would be leaving the commodity chemical businesses by the 2023 fiscal year.
Business units in Europe
After Nippon Gohsei Japan (The Nippon Synthetic Chemical Industry Co. Ltd) was incorporated into Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation as of 1st April 2019 last year, Nippon Gohsei Europe will soon be integrated into the Performance Polymers department (MCPP) of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
From April 15th, Nippon Gohsei Europe GmbH, has changed its name to MCPP Europe GmbH, and the following business centers will be integrated in the European organisation of Mitsubishi Chemical.
- Soarnol™ (EVOH: ethylene-vinyl alcohol copolymer)
- Gohsenol™, GohsenXTM, Nichigo G-PolymerTM (PVOH: polyvinyl alcohol)
- Hi-Selon™ (Water-soluble film)
- Nichigo G-Tape™ (Pressure-sensitive tape)
Up to 2019 NIPPON SHOKUBAI CO., LTD. was engaged in the manufacture and sale of chemicals. The Company has three business segments.
- The Basic Chemical segment manufactures and sells acrylic acid, acrylic acid ester, ethylene oxide, ethylene glycol, ethanolamine, higher alcohol and glycol ethers.
- The Functional Chemical segment is involved in the manufacture and sale of water-absorbing resins, medical intermediates, polymers for concrete admixtures, electronic information materials, iodine, maleic anhydrides, adhesives, resins for coating materials, resin molding products and processed adhesive products.
- The Environmental and Catalytic segment manufactures and sells automobile catalysts, nitrogen oxide (NOx) removal catalysts, process catalysts, decomposition catalysts for dioxin and exhaust-gas treatment equipment.
Industrial Gases: Nippon Sanso Holdings Corporation
Mitsubishi Gas Company operates in five business segments. The Natural Gas-related Chemicals segment manufactures and sells methanol, ammonia, amine products, methacrylate products, multiple alcohol and enzyme. The Aromatic-related Chemical segment manufactures and sells xylene isomer and xylene derivatives. The Functional Chemicals segment manufactures and sells industrial inorganic chemicals, electronic chemicals and engineering plastics. The Specialty Chemicals segment manufactures and sells materials for printed circuit boards (PCBs), printed boards and deacidification materials. The Others segment is engaged in the real estate business. As of March 31, 2010, the Company had 89 subsidiaries and 38 associated companies.
The Mitsubishi Chemical Group to Boost Production of SoarnoL™ EVOH Resin at Hull, UK
SoarnoL™ is a high gas-barrier resin used to produce packaging materials that help prolong the flavor and quality of foods, resulting in reduced food waste.
Nippon Shokubai and Arkema: a strategic partnership to mass-produce LiFSI electrolyte salts for a European battery supply chain at Pierre-Bénite, France
Establishment of a joint venture for the construction of an industrial plant for the production of LiFSI (Lithium bis(fluorosulfonyl)imide) ultrapure electrolyte salts, a key component of battery c...
Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Announces MXDA Production unit in Rotterdam, The Netherlands
MGC is expanding its production capacity of MXDA to meet the market growth in the epoxy, polyamide and isocyanate sector.
Completion Ceremony Held for New AA/SAP Nippon Shokubai plants in Antwerp
“We newly constructed a plant of AA which is the main raw material for SAP, although we had produced only SAP at NSE before. Now we are able to produce AA and SAP consistently here, and this vertic...
Groundbreaking Ceremony Held for NIPPON SHOKUBAI EUROPE N.V.’s New SAP/AA Plants in Antwerp
With this new plant at NSE, Nippon Shokubai group’s global SAP production capacity will be 710,000 metric tons per year and Nippon Shokubai will enhance its position as one of the world top supplie...
Jacobs Awarded EPCM Contract from Nippon Shokubai Europe N.V.
The total investment cost (TIC) of the installation is approximately $390 million (350 million Euros). The project is scheduled to be mechanically complete in October 2017.
NIPPON SHOKUBAI EUROPE (NSE) plans to expand its Superabsorbent Polymer (SAP) plant and build a new Acrylic Acid (AA) plant in Antwerp
The plan is to build SAP plant with 100,000 metric tons per year and AA plant with 100,000 T/Y.